Sunday, February 8, 2009

some life drawing that I've done today 5-10 mintues




1 comment:

  1. I like the first and last ones. With the last one ('ol mcBeardy), you need to work out the foot. At the moment it's not very well defined and the toes look like a bit of an afterthought. I'm loving his left arm and shoulder. The proportions on his right leg seem a little off to me - I understand it's being foreshortened but I think the curve you used to define the hip on that leg isn't round enough to give the illusion of perspective.

    The second one's legs aren't long enough - they're disproportionate to the torso. I feel like his right elbow shouldn't be out that far. It's almost like he's pushed his shoulder blade forward to point the elbow forward and rest his hand on his stomach instead of his hip. The calf muscle in his back leg tapers too close to his heel. The most muscle tends to be higher up the calf. Again you've added the feet and toes as an afterthought.

    I don't have much to say about the first one other than I heart it. That woman has some awesome attitude. Only thing is her leg is too small, and you've just drawn the sole of her foot rather than the whole thing.

    My biggest piece of advice at the moment is that the feet are just as important as everything else!

    ReplyDelete